For the past few days, the thing that has been on my mind the most has been peace. Most of the news has been covering the Egyptian protest. many countries had input about the events happening there. The protest was for freedom and the right to choose. I see nothing wrong in the undertaking to get a government to represent the people. The feelings they, the people, have is what should be on the minds of every government. In Iran the dictator was speaking out for freedom that people should have choice. That the people should have a say in the way they are governed. As I sat and watched the news this evening I saw coverage of Anderson Copper 360. The story is about the suppressive actions of a man who on Friday commended people choice now trying to force his people. The people in Iran are trying to protest. their government is killing people who want change.
I think also of the government we have at the helm now. I see men and women who will say just about anything to be elected. Once in the seat of power, all promises are broken. OK not all but a lot have not been kept. When an f-22 fighter jet is made a spare engine is made as well. All the leading general have told Congress they do not want this to be done. They do NOT want the extra engine being made. Yet their voice of wisdom goes unheeded. I think we have very smart people as lawmakers. The flaw I see is that there has been no punishment for the not-so-smart things they have done. They throw money around and real stupid things get done. The reason we are in this debt is simple. We spend more than we make. we have programs that do nothing. the places that get affected by this are the programs that we need. there is very little punishment in the world of the higher-ups. I just think if the ones who make mistakes pay for the wrong done far fewer mistakes would accrue. I am not saying jail but what about real work. Manuel labor. I Have Spoken
No comments:
Post a Comment