When taking a photograph it's important to understand where your focus is. Changing the focus can dramatically change the picture. I do not want to give the impression that I know anything about cameras or photography. I do understand how focus can change everything.
In business focus can have an impact on any career. Every so often I have to have a recharge. This is especially true while I am in school. Through a semester I will go through the cycle of excitement of something new to the drudgery of dragging myself to class. I have to change something in order to have different results.
One of my tricks to change my focus is by reading books and articles about how to be better or improve business. I am currently listening to Jack Welch's book "Winning". I have just begun to listen to it I have gained much needed advice. His first topic is candor. Candor can do many things for me. I want to be successful so if I am honest about where I am at with my goals I'll want to change or refocus so I can get back on track for my goals.
I recently read an article that talked about where change happens the most. You can find that HERE. When faced with a challenge we can either do two things we can retreat back into whats comfortable or we can step out on the ledge and grow. Growth only happens when we approach and cross our comfort zones. Approaching the comfort zone for me is where I want to lose focus. I come to a turning point where I have to decide if I want to change or just stagnate in my personal growth.
My refocus is what I will have to strive to do constantly.
No comments:
Post a Comment