I am at a time in my life that is probably the most stressful I have every been. I am being run into the ground and beaten to a pulp. I am part of a start-up company that is kicking my trash. I also am getting ready for the Direct Selling Symposium that is going down at the end of this month. On top of this I am part of the young men at church and I have a activities on Tuesday evenings. What little time I have left is for my family.
While this seems small to some I have been feeling the weight of it all. There are 15 people in the start-up and some I am just not getting along with. While this can be drawn back to me and my attitude I still done like the people. This just adds to the fact that we have to try to run a company. I sit in bed tonight typing this up thinking about all my troubles. Today I took the time for myself and got a lot of work done for the symposium. I also took time to recap the year thus far.
A few things came to my mind from this reflection and from a few other places. The first place was an article about rating the 40 most smartest people of all time. The list mostly comprised of kids that are super smart, graduating college before their 18. The other place was a commercial for Cadillac. Its Steve Wozniak listening to himself give a speech about building computers. In short it was about drive and doing what you love.
The commercial really got me thinking about my drive and how happy I am. As I stare at the keyboard I smirk and think about how much fun I am having. I've thought about the meeting I've had with this little company of mine. A lot of people are just worn out and tired and grumpy. If I am to be successful and have the drive I need to change the world I can NOT let people I disagree with or don't like get in my way. I resolve to not let them dictate my mood or hinder my fun. I will have fun being in business. If I lose that why am I here.
In closing I challenge you to be Happy. I see friends that have lost a loved one. I see some that are going through sickness and pain. While these are not joyous circumstances I still feel like we can laugh while we cry. The world is a dangerous place full of evil and back bitting. We will only get through it with a drive to find our happiness. Wheres your why? Find it and I guarantee it will be your HAPPINESS!!
No comments:
Post a Comment